Monday, March 12, 2012

Eating smaller portions for fat loss

I have 5 weeks before my first attempt at a half marathon PR. To lose the few extra pounds I have on me I am changing my nutrition plan to eating 300 calorie meals 5 times a day (1500 total calories). That will equal out to at least 5 pounds lost in the next 5 weeks.

After doing all my food prep yesterday for the week, I realized just how much good, healthy, filling food I actually can eat for only 300 calories. I'll be posting pictures over the next weeks of what kind of meals I am eating for just 300 calories.

Here's my eating schedule:

4:30am - 100 calorie snack (if I work out that morning)
6:45am - meal one
9:45am - meal two
12:45pm - meal three
3:45pm - meal four
6:45pm - meal five

It will be roughly 1500 - 1700 calories depending on how hard my cardio was that day to refuel.

I just had my lunchtime meal and I am so stuffed I can barely finish my 300 calories! Crazy!

Here's an article I found that gives a visual of what 300 calories of food really looks like. It's unbelievable how much I was underestimating the caloric balance of certain foods I was eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment