Friday, March 16, 2012

Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup


I was looking for a good Lentil soup recipe and came across this recipe on one of my favorite blog sites. I made it last night exactly as the recipe called. The only difference was adding an extra cup of water at the end because I wanted it a bit more soupy.

I cannot begin to tell you how AMAZING this soup tastes. It's up there with one of the best soups I've ever had (only my grandma's soups are higher ranked). I recommend to not change anything from the recipe above. The turkey italian sausage made it tastes great and much healthier, too.

 I loved it so much I did the math and figured up the nutrition facts for it. If you follow the recipe above, you will get about 10 servings total. Each serving is about 1 1/2 cups full. Here's the nutrition contents for each serving:

Calories: 202
Fat:           6g
Protein:   22g
Carbs:     32g
Fiber:      16g
Sugar:       6g

One serving alone meets well over 100% of your vitamin A and vitamin C daily needs.

I just may make a pot every week. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment