Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My 1500 calorie day

One thing I've realized is I love food. I love cooking it, creating new meals, shopping for food, stocking up on food, and especially eating food! I always tell people I run so I don't have to think about what I'm eating. But I'm realizing my body is slowly changing after having a baby and I need to pay more attention to what and how much food I am putting in my body.

What I've finally realized that works the best for me is to rotate meals. I'm trying to get these extra few pounds off of me so this week I wrote out a day's worth of 5 meals (300 calories each) and I am eating the same meals every day this week.

This made grocery shopping easier, counting the calories and measuring out the portions easier, logging in my food journal easier, and getting my discipline back with the food I eat. On Monday I brought to work with me all 5 days worth of mid-morning snacks, lunch, and afternoon snacks. That way I'm not staring at my fridge the night before thinking "what should I eat tomorrow?"

Here is my 1500 calories meal plan I am eating this week  -

Breakfast:
(omelet)
2 eggs, scrambled
1/2 cup bell peppers and onion, diced
3 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups baby spinach

1/2 grapefruit

Mid-Morning Snack:
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 medium Gala apple
1/2 cup of pistachio nuts

Lunch:
(salmon salad)
1 pkg cooked pink salmon
1/2 cup kidney beans
12 grape tomatoes
2 cups baby spinach
10 spritz of balsamic vinegar

1/8 cantaloupe

Mid-Afternoon Snack:
1 scoop chocolate peanut butter protein powder
10oz soy milk
3oz sugar snap peas

Dinner:
4oz grilled chicken
1/2 cup brown rice
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 cup broiled zucchini 

This all equals 1,522 calories. I am eating this many calories to help lose a couple extra pounds. Then when I am back to the weight I want to be at I will bump the calories up to 2,000. Even though I'm eating less calories, I feel my body is getting all the nutrition it needs and I am weening myself of the sugars that my body doesn't need.

Next week I will be choosing a new menu to eat. I'll post that next week as well!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, I am stopping by from Money Saving Mom =) That is crazy you count everything you eat! Someone asked me how many calories I ate today and I haven't a clue!! <3 Kelly <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently started using a smartphone app food diary to keep track of what I eat...wow, my little indulgences aren't so little. I know what you mean about your body changing after having a baby, too.
    Do you eat with/cook with your husband? My husband would definitely not be excited about this plan for dinners. How do you handle that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must try myfitnesspal.com Amazing food and exercie App! Eye opening to see that those 10 lifesavers REALLY do make a difference. All my friend are using it, and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stopping by from Money Saving mom, I use myfitnesspal too and have lost a total of 21 lbs. I have been there a little over a year and have 10.5lbs to go until I can reach my goal. Your meal plan looks delicious. I also see that you run I am trying to get back into, would love to train for a marathon sometime next year. I am a new follower now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you really want to do some change in your life you've to read about The law of attraction
    I personally read a lot of books about The law of attraction and found a great course that helped me alot to do awesome change in my life This course is by Dr Heather Mathews, a well-known life & energy coach and transformational speaker with track records of helping thousands of people around the world to force the universe give them their dream. and i strongly recommend this course to everyone want to change his life You can found this course here : http://goo.gl/z4jJI1

    ReplyDelete