Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 1 - Devotions

Have you ever had one of those moments when you just KNOW God is hearing you and wants you to know it? I had one of those moments just earlier this morning.

I woke up at 4:30am (I'm also trying to be intentional with my time by waking up earlier to have some "me" time). I read my daily Joyce Meyer devotional and my daily verses from Psalms and Proverbs. My thoughts from today's readings are to fear God because He is the Almighty and Everlasting God. Then Joyce reminded me to play, have fun, and be joyful in my daily walk.

During morning meeting time in my 2nd/3rd grade class at American Christian School we have a devotional book that we read each day as well. Adventure Bible Book of Devotions is a great book for this age group.



Today's verses just happened to be -  1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit? Honor God with your body."

This just HAPPENED to be the verse I read to my class on the day I start my 100 day challenge. At least I know God is listening and wants me to fill my body, mind, and soul with all good things and not the garbage that floods our world.

Thanks, God, for letting me know you are on board, too!

1 comment:

  1. I looked into the Joyce Meyer devotional on YouVersion (neither of which I had seen before you mentioned them) and I am super excited about both--thanks!

    ReplyDelete