Friday, January 27, 2012

Whole wheat breaded chicken breast

The other night I was craving chicken. I wanted something that seemed like I was cheating on my food plan so I saw this recipe from my Deliciously Organic cookbook. It was just what I needed!




Ingredients:
4 chicken breast (either thin cut or pound a normal chicken breast with a meat tenderizer)
1 cup 100% whole wheat flour
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp REAL butter
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven for 350 degrees. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet on medium high. Coat the chicken breasts in the flour. Then dip it in the eggs.Place in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side.  Place chicken on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for another 7-10 minutes (ovens may vary).

Pair it with a mixed green salad, fresh veggies, and a light vinaigrette dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment