Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chobani Greek Yogurt


I have a new love - Chobani greek yogurt. I tried it for the first time last fall at the Kansas City Marathon expo when I was picking up my race registration packet. I got the peach flavor and LOVED it. I've tried to get on the greek yogurt bandwagon for some time now...but I just couldn't get the taste right for it to be pleasant enough without having the "fruit mixed in" kind.

I was SUPER excited when shopping at Walmart this weekend to see that they now carry Chobani! Walmart is finally starting to get on the healthy eating bandwagon.

I grabbed two of each flavor - there were 7 flavors total. Each container is 6 ounces and has 14 grams of protein. They also have 19 grams of sugar, which is a lot, but it's all natural sugar and natural ingredients. So it's the perfect snack to eat after a hard workout with a good carbohydrate : protein ratio.  Oh, and it's gluten-free, too!


I made it even better by adding little extras to my raspberry flavored Chobani yogurt. I put the yogurt in a bowl and added  frozen raspberries and 1/4 cup of Naked brand granola. That boosted the protein count to 22 grams.

Walmart has each 6oz container for $1.22 each. Yes, that's more expensive than regular yogurt but it is definitely worth it. My little dish above is so sweet and tasty it fills my ice cream craving at the end of the day. Here's a link for some Chobani coupons. Definitely try it if you haven't yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment