Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gluten-Free Day 2

My Gluten-Free plan is underway and going quite well. Luckily, I loved healthy food from the start so changing my eating habits to cut out gluten hasn't been hard yet.

To keep things simple since this is week 1, I am planning on eating the same snacks/meals during the workweek this week. That takes out the thinking to packing my food the night before. Here's what I'm eating for breakfasts this week -


 - 3 eggs (scrambled) with multi colored peppers, tomatoes, onions, and spinach
 - handful of strawberries

This only takes me about 10 minutes to make in the mornings. What saves me a BUNCH of time is cutting up the vegetables on Sunday so they are ready for the week.


I've noticed a difference already with not being hungry so soon after breakfast when I eat the eggs and vegetables vs. the pancakes or egg sandwich I used to eat in the morning. I feel fuller much longer.

Here's the rest of the food I take to work with me.


- a handful of blueberries and salted pistachios for my mid-morning snack
- Mexican bowl with peas for lunch
- sliced apple with peanut butter and a mozzarella string cheese for my afternoon snack

I have designated eating times throughout the day to keep my metabolism going. The schedule is as follows:
      6:30am - breakfast
      9:30am - snack
      12:30pm - lunch
      3:30pm - snack
      6:30pm - dinner

So far I don't feel extra hungry at all and I actually have struggled to finish all my meals. I've been getting a few headaches that may be from the gluten withdrawals. I'm excited to check back at the end of the week and see how I am feeling then.

No comments:

Post a Comment