Wednesday, February 29, 2012

29 ways to leap out of debt

Dave Ramsey put together a great article here about how to get yourself out of debt fast.

Remember to live like no other now so that later you can live like no other! Being debt free will free you from bondage to any loan company or third party. What's yours is yours!

We are well on our way to being debt free by using our taxes and my husband's bonus to pay off two more chunks of debt this spring. We will be paying off our car by the end of the year, also!

What's your "get out of debt goal"?

5 comments:

  1. We only have our mortgage. We paid off my husband's student loans with my summer job money. Our goal is to have the house paid off in 7 years. It will be a stretch. 10 years will be easy, but I want to be done with it. We pay extra every month and I love to see the principle drop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've constructed our own system on eliminating debt but I would love to borrow Dave Ramsey's books/cd/dvd's (whatever you have)to help us even more. Just by reading this article, I can tell Dave has some good idea's I would love to incorporate into our system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have some great resources, Andrea. Would you like to borrow them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty excited with our tax return this year we will be able to pay off everything but my husbands student loan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked over to your blog from MoneySavingMom, and I just really wanted to encourage you on your journey to be debt free. My husband and I finally paid off our last student loan in August and it feels GREAT! I know it's tough sometimes to stick with the disciplined living and spending habits, but it is so worth it. Kudos to you for "living like no one else" :) Soon you'll be LIVING like no one else :)

    ReplyDelete