Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Homemade Coffee Creamer


This was so easy, so yummy, and so so good for you. I didn't realize how cruddy the store bought creamer was until I looked at the back of the ingredient label and saw this:


There's no reason why anyone should be putting things in their body that they can't even pronounce! So I found some great recipes for homemade coffee creamer over at Deliciously Organic. There are many different flavors to choose from. I decided to start with the basic French Vanilla.

Ingredients:
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Mix it well and heat over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Stir until it starts to steam. Remove from heat and cover for 20 minutes. Put in a glass mason jar and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try this...I have to have creamer in my coffee...thanks for sharing;):)

    ReplyDelete