Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The official "100 days" start date



So I've been battling something in my mind over the weekend while I was sick. If I started my 100 day countdown the day I started my blog then my 100th day would be on May 1st. That's not really any significant day, it's in the middle of the week, and it's just random...which really bothered me (you're probably thinking I'm a bit crazy for thinking this over so much but that's what I do).

So I was looking at my calendar to find a perfect end goal for my 100th day. A kind of big "Tada!! This is your finish!" kind of goal. I didn't really have anything major going on in May that seemed worth a big finish. However, on June 2nd I am planning on running the Hospital Hill half marathon in Kansas City. This seemed like a great "tada" kind of goal to finish my 100th day on.

I ran this half last year and it was KILLER. It was 5 1/2 months after having my first baby (2nd half marathon post-baby) and it was SO STINKIN' hot out! I've ran 15 half marathons in the last 4 years and this ranked in my top 2 worst half's ever. It was like 90 degrees, super hilly, everyone was suffering from sweat, heat exhaustion, and all those dang hills. Almost every woman tossed their shirts and finished in sports bras.

I think this would be a great end goal for my 100 days. So that means my "official" start date will be on February 24th. So I will use the majority of this month getting recipe ideas ready, workouts started and ready, pre-100 days pictures posted (not an exciting part for me). I'm ready to do this!

Who else is on board and has a start date in mind??

No comments:

Post a Comment