Friday, February 17, 2012

Simple Salsa

I have a new love - my Ninja blender I got for my birthday this past year. If you like making your own sauces, smoothies, and anything else that needs blended you NEED this blender! It's definitely worth the $100.



I am a sucker for homemade salsa. It has so much more flavor than store bought salsa. And it's SO easy to make! Here's the simple recipe I created to make my own salsa at home -

Ingredients:
(makes about 3 jars)

  • 1 28oz can of whole tomatoes
  • 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
  • 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and halved 
  • 1 jalapeno, cored and seeded 
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • a big handful of cilantro
  • a squirt of lemon juice 
Directions:
Pour the cans of tomatoes into the blender. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, and lemon juice. Blend until smoothed to desired consistency. Pour into mason jars, chill in the fridge, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment